Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Well, it really *is* a challenge

So when I chose my sock pattern, I decided that I'd do it on two circs to try to learn a new technique.
I've tried two socks on two circs, and that was a disaster. Maybe one sock would work out better.

Or maybe not.

On Monday, I kept picking up the wrong needle, and Magic Loop-ing instead of two circ-ing.


This morning, I went one better.


The sock is on one needle again. *But* even better, I somehow twisted the needle. Here's a better look.


Pass the DPNS, please.

5 comments:

happyspider said...

whoops...

amy said...

Yeah, I couldn't get far at all trying the ML method. My first ever knitted thing was with DPNs, so I never had the scare of them, and while I like the idea of knitting two socks at once, it's not worth the aggravation to me of fiddling with the cable.

Rose Red said...

Too funny Donna! I've challenged myself to try two circs...fingers crossed!!

Anonymous said...

Donna, that's so funny! I think I'll stick with my dpns :-)

Anonymous said...

I've never had trouble with that! I wonder why. I'll tell you how I do it, maybe that will help. When I come to the end of a needle I look at the next round, grab the cable poking out of the back and pull, so the stitches go forward onto the needle tip they belong on, then I slide my fingers down the length of the cable I'm already holding and that's the right one. It might take a little bit longer, but I have never knit with the wrong needle.