Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Late Starter

Hello everyone,

I discovered this KAL last week so I'm late getting going with the real challenge. As I spin most of my wool for socks I'm not even going to attempt to put a number on how many finished pairs there will be by March. I've been spinning for 30 years but only discovered sock knitting very recently - I guess I'd rate myself as a beginner with aspirations for intermediate.


My goals are:

1. Try some new patterns (move on from plain knitting and rib).

2. See if I can use up some of the odd balls of homespun I already have lying around.



This photo shows what I finished last week (pre SSS) and also the standard pattern I've used so far. The socks are size 12s! and colours chosen by DS.



I have been inspired by all the work done here so far - and thanks everyone for putting in the links to yarns and patterns.

Margaret

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Welcome Margaret! Love those socks - that heel and toe colour is fab!!! And the little hint of colour at the cuff is so cool!