(Ann Budd's On Your Toes Socks)...before I finished this (one Whitby sock, completed).
I've always been monogamous with the sox, you know? One pair at a time. I always have multiple projects on the needles, but not sox. I had this fear that if I started another pair, I wouldn't finish the first. I know! As if I'd be that fickle! Now that I finished my last in-progress big project, I realized I was being silly. It's nice to have something easily portable, like the simple ribbed socks up above, and then something a little more complex, like the cabled socks.
I love the Whitby pattern. I modified it since my gauge is 7 stitches/inch rather than 6.5 by casting on four extra stitches. I also changed the toe to a standard decrease/Kitchener toe, rather than "gather up the stitches and pull tight." (I like Kitchener!) The only reason I didn't cast on the second immediately is because the Boston Red Sox were in an elimination game in the playoffs. They won and live to play another game. But I needed the mindless ribbing while they did so.
Toe-up socks was one of my challenges. The @#! cast-on for this pattern gave me fits, and I hope I can manage to do it a second time. But this yarn is precious, and I want to make sure I get as much sock out of it as possible. I split it into two balls using my new digital scale--that purchase made my husband raise his eyebrows, but he can just Shut. Up.--and determined to figure out this pattern. So far, so good, although I'm a bit wary of the finishing advice to "snug up any holes at the heel," since I don't get holes with heel flaps, thank you very much, and I'm going to be Quite Annoyed if short-row heels produce holes. Wish me luck.