Saturday, November 3, 2007

Prize yarn

First light

This lovely yarn arrived last week. It's my prize from the banner/button contest! :) Katie from Live 2 Knit generously offered 2 skeins of her sock yarns in the colourway of my choice as the prize, and I picked the Elizabeth 100% merino yarn in the 'first light' colourway. I loooove the colours, very pretty. Thank you so much Katie!!

I'm thinking of making the Firestarter socks from Yarnissima out of these. I have heard that this sock pattern can be a little challenging, but I do love how it's predominantly plain stockinette (great for showing off the variegated colours) and yet with interesting cables and gusset construction. I love a good challenge, lets just hope it doesn't backfire on me :) Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Claudine! I'm knitting up that particular colourway at the moment into a pair of Monkeys. It's lovely so far. I've got the firestarter socks on my to-do list so I'll be interested in your progress on these. :o)

Diane Lovell said...

Wow! Awesome prize!

kgirlknits said...

Score! looks lovely, that colourway has always been one of my faves of Katie's.

Rose Red said...

Good luck with the Firestarters!!