Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Greetings from North America. Some FO's one sock #1's and one slow WIP

Christmas time is coming quick. Mrs. Twisted and I are both giving socks as gifts this year. Well she is making many more than I am.

The first pair here modeled by Mr. Bones are made from Cascade Fixation. Pattern is Flame Wave Socks by Ann Budd.
These are going to a young niece...

Here is the second sock made from Posh Lucia in colorway Farewell. Waving Lace pattern




This is the latest sock finished tonight. Yarn is from an Indie dyer, "My Small Wonders" 80/20. No colorway listed but it looks like Malachite. Pattern is a modified Fiesta Fishbone. Interesting construction, the heel is done last by using waste yarn where the heel goes and then you complete the sock and go back and zip the single strand of waste yarn and create the heel last. These are gong to another niece.



This is my slow but sure progress of sock one for my Daughter. Modified toe up wrap and turn short row heel feather and Fan pattern. Should be done soon.



Mr. bones wondering what sock to wear next.

How many of you are knitting gifts for Christmas? What are you making? Will you finish in time?
Looking forward to our trip this weekend, most of the details are in place. Details soon.
Life is Good

See more than socks at my blog Twisted Knitster

4 comments:

Ann said...

Such lovely socks & they do make such nice gifts. I am knitting dishcloths for Christmas & plan to include with it a bar of handmade soap.

Jerry said...

Thanks for the kind words Ann.

Rose Red said...

Great socks! Especially the emerald green ones - lucky recipients!

I just started Christmas knitting on Monday (socks for MIL). I had planned on making a bunch of dishcloths for my SILs - not sure if I'll get to those or not.

Melinda said...

Wonderful (and many) socks! I am knitting one pair for a friend for christmas, although I have stalled on the second one, as I keep starting new projects!!