Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It Insisted I Knit It



I had to get this sock out of my system before I could knit anything else. It's Farmhouse Yarns sock yarn, which is rather thick and makes for a warm sock (yay, it's cold up here). But I didn't want to just do stockinette round and round, so I stuck in a lace panel down the outside of the leg. (I haven't knit the right sock yet, but I'll have to adjust, obviously, so the panel goes down the other side.) It's a little loose around my ankle, because of the lace, but I always have droopy socks--skinny ankles. I'd actually like to try this in thinner yarn to see how it looks. Once I make the second sock, of course. And finish a sweater. And make mittens for Christmas gifts. And finish the non-knitted handmade gifts. And....and...and...

amy

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Looks great Amy. Sometimes you just have to knit what is calling to you.

Bells said...

oh lovely! I'd love to see an up close shot of the lace panel!

amy said...

Thanks! (I swear I left this comment already. I don't know where it went.)

Bells, there are more pictures on Ravelry here. I think the third one down shows a bit more of the lace panel.