Friday, November 2, 2007

October Tally

Three complete pairs in October, including these toe-up socks, completed a couple days ago.

Details
Pattern: I started with Widdershins, and changed the cuff to K2P1 ribbing.
Sticks: 3.0mm
String: Handpainted Merino (VvS) that was a gift. I wanted to use every last bit, and I pretty much did.

Considering my goals were few--to knit at least one pair of socks per month, to try toe-up, and to knit monkeys--I think I'm doing pretty well, as I hit two out of three in October. My plan had been to finish up the pink socks and work on my boys' mittens and cast on a sweater, but both of those required more concentration than I've had the past few days, when I've been tending a sick three-year-old. So instead I cast on another mindless sock:

It's a fair bit longer now. The yarn is self-striping, so I'm just doing stockinette after 15 rounds of K2P2 ribbing. This is the first sock yarn I ever bought, and then abandoned, quite a while ago. I had too much trouble with 2.5 mm bamboo needles. I felt like I was using toothpicks and I'd break them at any second. Now I've much more experience with skinny needles, and I have metal, which I adore for socks. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Fun & Stripes. I'm calling them "I Am Easily Amused" socks because, well, I am. The stripes amuse me. Easily.

amy

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Yay Amy! Fab socks, cool pumpkin!

I love watching the stripes too - clearly am equally "easily amused"!