Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm late! I'm late!

... not that that's unusual or anything.

I signed up a while ago, but this is my first post, so I suppose I should introduce myself. My name's Nicole, and I'm a math student in BC. I don't have a blog. I've been knitting for a little over a year, and I've made several socks, a few of which are actually pairs, but they've all been fairly plain. My goals for this KAL are:

1) To knit at least three matching pairs of socks between now and the end of March. I will count "fraternal twin" socks (with the same yarn and pattern, but different striping or pooling due to the yarn) for this, but not just random socks that I decide look good together in an attempt to justify not knitting second socks.

2) To try a pattern that's more complicated than plain stockinette or ribbing. Maybe I'll try cables or lace.

3) To try knitting socks toe-up.

4) To knit a pair of socks for somebody other than me. I will most likely make some for my mom, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

2 comments:

gemma said...

G'day Nicole
welcome to the mad house!
cheers

Rose Red said...

Welcome Nicole! Good luck with your challenges