Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanks heavens - a pair finished!

It's been ages since I posted a completed pair of socks, but here we are. Last night I finished my Rosebud ankle socks, and I am in love with socks again!



I used Kattwings yarn in Rosebud, and I bastardised a couple of patterns (one for the ribbed leg and another for the short row heel) and made the rest up as I went along.

For those who are wondering what crocheted socks feel like to wear, well they aren't as stretchy as knitted socks are so they look huge when you make them, and they are a little but more "bobbly" and give your foot a nice little massage as you walk along. But they are just lovely to wear, very warm and they keep their shape well if you make them to fit your foot snugly.

Next on the hook is some clustered lace socks in Cherry Tree Hill SS Heathered Loden. So far, so good! I'll keep you posted.

Michelle

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

You are a clever clogs with your crocheted socks - these look great!