Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Socks socks socks - is that all you ever think about?

Lately, I'm afraid the answer is pretty much yes. It's all about the socks...but then again, hasn't it always been so?

Some catching up to do on the sock posting front:

First, the MIL Christmas socks:
Lacy Mock Cable in Colinette Jitterbug, 3mm sticks - more details here.

Then, a gift for a bloggy friend who lives in Canada:
Log Cabin socks in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 3.75mm - magic loop - tick one off my SSoS goals! More details here.

Finally, and best of all, I think, my lovely matching but not Poma-t Shell socks:
Cookie A's Pomatomus and Nancy Bush's Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern, in The Knittery Merino Cashmere sock yarn, 2.75mm sticks. Read all about them and see more pics here.

Finally, an observation...I always seem to pose my socks with the toes pointing to the left. I don't know why, and in fact, only just noticed it as I posted these pictures. I wonder why it is so?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh great title. That made me laugh outloud.

As for the left leaning thing, I'd say that if you were a boy, it indicated certain things.But as you're not....I don't know.

Oh, did I just write that?

Carol said...

Those bottom two socks are absolutely glorious. As for posing the socks, how do you hang your Christmas stockings? I pose my socks the same way as I hang. Think it's just an either/or thing, but I'm a right poser girl! LOL

I think!!! I best go back and check. ha.

Kate (Kiss My Frog) said...

They are all so gorgeous, Rose! I'm particularly in love with the last pair.... Maybe because I'm halfway down the foot of Pomatomus #1, and trying to decide whether to work the second the same, or go with the mirror-reversed variation that some desperately clever blogger came up with (you won't find it on Ravelry, but if you Google "SUMOTAMOP" it's the top of the list). Your way is another option - would you call me a copy-cat if I did the same-but-not?

Anonymous said...

You know you are my sock hero, don't you? You always do such beautiful stuff.