Monday, January 7, 2008

I wish

I wish I was a sock knitter.... Alas I think I am not, I love the idea of socks, but its just not working for me. It took a monumental effort to cast on the second sock of my second pair, and I can think of about 10 other things I would rather be knitting... It's very sad, I wanted to be a sock knitter the yarn is so nice and you are all making such pretty things... sigh. I will persist and get my 3 pairs done, but then I think I will need suggestions for how to use up sock yarn for other projects.



my very un-sock blog: http://myknittedempire.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oh dear! Maybe you just haven't used the right pattern yet? I remember the 3rd pair of socks I made (which was the first real patterned pair on small sticks) was a trial to me. But since then, it all clicked into place.

But sock yarn does make great baby stuff. And also scarves and light beanies. You'll find a use for your yarn, either way!

Anonymous said...

Life is too short to knit stuff you don't enjoy. Sock yarn makes nice gloves. And my friend knit gorgeous baby sweaters for her twins (while on bedrest)out of self-striping sock yarn.