Friday, January 11, 2008

Shibui socks on holiday

I've been very slack about blogging my Shibui sock for the knitalong. I had all these wonderful intentions of taking pictures of the socks in progress in lots of US cities, but it just plain hasn't happened. I have got a lot of plane knitting pictures.
Sock one was started on the flight from San Francisco to New York.


And was worked on in the car between New York and Washington.

And again in a plane between Washington and Las Vegas.

Sock Number One was finished in Los Angeles, between blogger meets and Disneyland visits, where it attracted some fun attention. Sock Number Two visited with Minnie Mouse's knitting in her house at Disneyland's ToonTown.

And again on a flight, this time between Los Angeles and Honolulu.

As you can see, I'm also caught up on my podcasts!
I'm a little surprised at how much knitting I've gotten done, but most of it is due to flights and blogger meetups. It's been great, meeting so many people whose blogs I've read for such a long time. Just a week to go here in Hawaii, so maybe I'll be coming home with a finished pair. (And a big haul of new sock yarn!)

Donna
Random Knits

3 comments:

Carol said...

First of all that colour is simply gorgeous!!! And your knitting so beautifully even.

But knitting on a plane?!?!?!? I didn't think that was allowed (needles/stabbing/weapon). How did you get away with that or is it allowed now? I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Carol! The first leg should have read San Francisco - New York, not Sydney to Honolulu. I've fixed it now. You still can't knit on Australian flights, but there's absolutely no problem at all knitting on US flights!

Rose Red said...

Is this the most travelled pair of socks in the SSoS? I think the answer is yes!! Looks great Donna!