Sunday, December 2, 2007

Update


My challange to knit socks as Christmas presents for 3 people is proving very difficult with so much other life stuff going on. But here is a progress report on the socks I am knitting my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas. I chose a generic sock pattern for this yarn. I figured it's self patterning so it doesn't need to be anything fancy.

I hope he will like the colours because a work colleague saw me knitting it at lunch time and asked me if I thought Amy's boyfriend will like the colours?

My reply was "I don't know" why? She said "well most people wear grey socks don't they? "

And now I am worried that he may not like them, oh well, I guess he can use them as house socks if he is too embarrassed to wear them out.

I like colourful socks and hand knittied socks and I am sure there are loads of people out there that do also. Let's hope he is one of those people too. Nothing worse then someone not liking their present.

Well that's it from me for today I best go back to knitting more of the sock, I still want to try and achieve the challenge I set.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Noooo, most people do not wear grey socks, not at all. I think these are perfect and I adore the colours. Don't worry about it at all. I think he will be touched that you have taken the time to make them for him. Well done.

Rose Red said...

I don't think I know anyone who wears grey socks! These are fab, I'm sure he will love them!