Sunday, December 9, 2007

Monkeys for RoseRed

I had been planning to make Monkey Socks for RoseRed for Christmas and meant to give them to her in January when I knew I'd be seeing her.


Then she announced she was coming to my afternoon tea, which was held today, and I knew I had to get cracking.


Here they are, one week and 12 hours from cast on.


This is the fourth pair of monkey socks I've done and I'm not yet bored with pattern. On the contrary, I feel like I'm only just getting to know its construction.

I made them from Donyale's Bruised Bloodwood (see link in the side bar to her etsy shop) and I can't speak highly enough of it. It knits up beautifully.

I loved getting to see them on RoseRed's feet and take photos of her modeling them!

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

zephyrama said...

Wow, you did those in record time and they look beautiful and I think bloodwood has won me over!

Terri said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I will have to knit these again and this time in a rich sumptuous colour like this one. Just lovely. :o)