Monday, December 3, 2007

raspberry ripple or sorority sister socks

A really quick knit and I'm glad of that. I'm not a pink person, although I do like rich purples, but these are for my second granddaughter, not long five, who loves any colour "so long as it's pink." I thought the picot edge would suit her, nice and girly, although it's a bit hard to see in the photo. I was heartily tired of looking at pink by the time I had finished.

I wasn't planning on making them identical when I started, but the thin dark stripe stood out so strongly, i felt they needed to match. They are made from Heirloom Jigsaw. I'v often used Heirloom Argyle and like it, although there's not much of a colour range. I'm not sure whether I would buy this again. I would need to really like the colour to be swayed enough to get it, I think.

Look at the pattern within the bright pink stripes. It's different in practically every stripe. There are two stitches more on the leg than the foot. I presume that's what has influenced the placement of the white accents. I cut out two stitches on the foot as her foot is long and narrow. However, the feet are supposed to be identical, just two stitches fewer than the leg. The accents now stripe at an angle, but it's not the same angle in each stripe, even allowing for the mirror reversal in the placement of the socks to be photographed.

These make the fourth pair of children's socks in this knitalong. I have five grandchildren, but as one had two pairs made for him, I still need to do another two pairs. These will be part of her Christmas present.

pass the slipped stitch over

1 comment:

kgirlknits said...

well done on matching up those stripes so brilliantly!