Sunday, December 16, 2007

Socks for my mum

My mum announced she'd love some socks, so I got to work right away on a pair of Garter Rib socks from Sensational Knitted socks in Wildfoote.


If they look a little baggy around the calves it's because my mum has more generous ankles and calves than I do, but I still had to make the foot a standards size 8.5.

To get around this, I cast on more stitches for the leg and did some shaping down the leg until I had the required number of stitches for the foot. The shaping is at the back of the leg.


Now, I'm going to wash them and get them ready for Christmas. The Wildfoote is a bit scratchy. Fingers crossed it washes up soft.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oooh, let me know how it washes up!

Diane Lovell said...

They look gorgeous!

Melinda said...

They look great - and I love the colour!