Sunday, December 9, 2007

There's a Pair in There....


I've finally got some socks off the needles! These are Christmas presents, so a doubly (terrible pun I know..) good feeling. And these are finished as well:



They are both the Dahlia Sock from Sundara Yarn's Sock Club. The pin/red is the original yarn and the blue/purple is from stash. These have already been wrapped for their overseas journey, so no photo of them on the feet.











I've also begun another two pairs of socks. One with the Dahlia pattern again using another of Sundara's yarns - the Lenen Rose colourway. I am in two minds about this one and you will probably see why when you take a gander. The colours are pooling in mysterious ways :)



The second pair are the Earl Grey's from the Yarn Harlot. These are working well and will also be going out as Christmas presents (I hope in time!):













Further details over at The Blog.

Deborah

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Lovely socks and colours - that is some weird pooling on the 3rd dahlia - although it does show up the pattern quite nicely, really!

Carol said...

Oooooh yes, do persevere. I love the way the colours are pooling on the third one. You couldn't have done that if you tried. It makes them oh so unique. Love love love it.

What a great pattern.

kgirlknits said...

that is just such a great pattern, and I love how each colourway shows off different aspects of the motif!

Terri said...

I'm not usually a fan of pooling colours, but this looks quite intriguing. I'm curious to know how things will go once you begin the heel!!