Monday, March 31, 2008

My last socks


Well, the last ones for Southern Summer of Socks, that is. They just made it in. I finished them about four hours ago.

These are my Dublin Bay socks from Mossy Cottage. I loved them. The little lace panel down each side is so delightful. Next time, I would make these longer, especially as I ended up with quite a bit of yarn left.

The yarn is Vesper, from Knitterly Things. I just love the colours and it knits up beautifully.

I made them on 2.5mm DPNs (well the first one), the second one I did magic loop and I proved a theory I'd been carrying around for a while - that my tension is different on magic loop and DPNs. It's tighter.

I'll get to my list of achievements and disappointments and my tally some time this week. How is everyone else's SSoS wrap up going?

Bells

No comments: