Friday, March 14, 2008

Bed Socks for Lynn

Bed Socks
These were a very quick project I started a few weeks ago for my friend Amy's Mom Lynn, who's in the hospital right now. I thought they might be nice to keep her toes warm! The pattern is called "Bed Socks in Lemon Pattern Fancy Knit Stripe" from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn is Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn, and I actually had quite a bit left over. I knitted them two-at-a-time on two 2.75mm circular needles. The pattern is well-written, and my only complaint is all the bloody k3togs. I hope Lynn likes them! (The quick nature of these means I'm actually ahead of my one-pair-per-month schedule.)

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh what a pretty colour, beautiful. And I agree about the 3togs. Recently did a sock with p3tog and it was a nightmare.

Bells said...

I have that exact yarn (half knit up) and it's lovely isn't it? What a great gift.

kgirlknits said...

they look great knitted up in that colourway - superb!

Hope they do the trick for your friends mum.

Rose Red said...

That pattern is great for stripey sock yarn! Very thoughtful gift.

Rose Red said...

That pattern is great for stripey sock yarn! Very thoughtful gift.