Monday, March 31, 2008

It's So Sad .......

.... that this KAL has ended. I really enjoyed knitting along & managed to finish 11 pairs. I was hoping to cast off the 12th pair, so that I have a dozen but didn't make it. Anyway, here's an update of the goals that I set & what I have achieved ....


  • Fair Isle Socks - Snowflakes Socks (IK, Spring 07) - not done

  • One of the popular designs in Fav Socks - Embossed Leaves Socks - done

  • A new sock knitting technique - Back to Basic Socks (knitty.com Fall 07) - done

  • One of the designs from Cat Bordhi's new book - done

  • One of the designs from a Nancy Bush's book - not done

  • My favorite design & yarn from Pick Up Sticks Sock Club - Twin Braids - not done

  • Join the Firestarter KAL & knit the Firestarter - not done

  • One of Wendy's new designs (on sale at the Loopy Ewe) - done

  • My own design - done
.... I was only able to achieve half of my goals but I am still happy with what I have done & in fact much more as I digress from my original goals to other patterns like the Crazy Monkey, Roza's Socks & 2 pairs for Can Assist.
Thank you Rose Red & Bells for organising this great KAL - it will not be possible without the 2 of you !
My only wish now - can we carry on this KAL & maybe called it The Southern Winter of Socks ?

Ann http://www.1morerow.blogspot.com/



1 comment:

Rose Red said...

All of your socks have been lovely Ann - you can save the "not done" list for winter...or next summer?! Thanks so much for joining in!