Monday, March 31, 2008

Have enjoyed this immensely and thank you

Thank you Bells and RoseRed for such a fun summer.

My goal was to get over my fear of dpns and actually knit a sock, just one sock. I wasn't aiming high, just wanted to knit my first pair of socks. With much encouragement from Bells I knitted a little training sock, and then I was off and running.

I ended up knitting 6 (and a half but you haven't seen those, they're about to come off the needles) pairs. All on dpns.

And now I'm hooked, well and truly (I say this just after I've opened a package of 3 balls of sock wool that got delivered in the mail today, LOL).

I hope this blog stays up though, I think I'd like to keep coming back to it to view for inspiration over the winter. And please please please, lets do it all again next summer ...... unless there'll be a winter knitalong??????

Thank you once again.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

You've done a great job for a beginner sock knitter Carol, yay you! Thanks so much for conquering your fears and joining in!