Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sock it to ya!

In the spirit of the personal challenge - mine is very simple: to knit my first pair of socks.

- toe up, knee-hi socks. With an interesting pattern to keep me occupied.

I'll start out with just one pair for now. I don't know how long it will take me, but I'll be happy to just finish a pair and wear them. If I can fit more in... there will be socks. Lots of them. :)

My reward will be some lovely Socks That Rock yarn, and justification to start a sock yarn stash (I have 2 balls of sock yarn in my meagre collection - that is it). :)

Now, anybody know of a good toe-up, knee-hi sock pattern? Cuff down is all very good and well, but toe-up sounds more practical.

And thanks Bells and Rose Red for this little festival of sockage - I think it's going to be fantastic!

No comments: