Tuesday, September 25, 2007

just joined

I saw this KAL this morning and recognised a few names. Well, actually, more than a few. Here I am all set to go. I think summer is a wonderful time for socks, as they are small and not hot to knit.

Challenge? I don't know if it is a challenge, but perhaps it will be when I start. I love my dpns, my rosewood, my Brittany Birch tiny ones, the el cheapy bamboo needles, my vintage steel pointy daggers, the casein dpns which had to be cut down and repointed as they were far too long. I never thought I'd enjoy using circulars, even though I have used them for years for hats etc. But the Knitpick Options set are a different thing altogether. I'm even using them for straight knitting. So, over the last couple of weeks, I've been considering two socks on two circulars. I'll have to get another set of needles to even give them a try, but I'm working up to it. I conveniently forgot them the other day when I was in the city, after being horrified at the price of cotton yarn for a summery jacket I fancied for myself. So that will be sort of a challenge for me. If I don't like it, I can always come back to dpns!

Thanks for the invitation and pleased to meet you all.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

welcome to the fun, Jan! I'm going to try socks on two circs as well!