Sunday, February 24, 2008

Time for an update

I just realized that I haven't posted here since my first post in November. Since then, I've accomplished three of my four goals:

1) I have been diligently remembering to knit second socks, and I have completed five matching pairs since November. Two pairs are Thujas, one is basic stockinette from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's sock recipe, one is similar but with the whole leg in 2x2 ribbing, and one is basic stockinette from a toe-up pattern that I don't remember the name of right now.

3) I have tried knitting socks toe-up. So far I prefer cuff-down, but that may just be because I didn't like the heel on the toe-up pattern I tried. I'll have to try another one sometime.

4) I made a pair of socks for my mom (she got them as a New Year's gift because they weren't quite done for Christmas) and also gave a pair to a charity clothing drive.

That leaves me with:

2) Making socks that are more complicated than stockinette or ribbing. I'm not surprised that this is what's left; I've been knitting to relax more than to challenge myself lately. I'm considering casting on for Monkeys because I've heard that's a good pattern for variegated yarn, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

Nicole

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Good job on your goals! Monkeys are good for variegated yarns and it is also a pattern that is easy to memorise as well, so that's probably a good choice!