Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pretty Plain socks

newsocks1

I haven't finished a pair of socks in a while, being occupied with other things to knit, but I had a plain pair going for a while to give me a break from harder stuff.

I'm thrilled with these. It's the Yarn Harlot's Basic Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules, and they fit me really well, something I don't often manage to get right. 64 stitches on 2.75mm needles. Seems to work well.

heel

And I always love the Eye of Partridge heel. It suits variegated yarn so well!

The yarn is Regia, in a colourway designed by Kaffe Fasset. I think he missed his calling. He should be doing more of this. I like it better than his colour work designs!

Bells

1 comment:

kgirlknits said...

they look great, Bells!

I also like the Eye of Partridge heel, always looks that little more *special* ;)