Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last of the Christmas knitting.




A couple of weeks late, but I finally got my in-laws' Chrissy socks in the mail. Here they are!


First off the blocks, my FIL's thumping great feet will be well-clad in his favourite team's colours (he's a lovely bloke, but it just about broke me to make him Bulldogs socks!).



Pattern: Gentleman's Sock in Railway Stitch from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush



Yarn: Patonyle, hand-dyed by me in royal blue, with contrast heel and toe in off-white Patonyle.



They took forever, partly because they are so damn big, and partly because we were moving house, so knitting time was at a premium (I know, I know, what were we thinking, moving house at the holidays? Never again!!!)


Next up is my MIL's lovely laciness.


Pattern: Fancy Silk Sock for a Child of 5 or 6 Years, also from KVS by Nancy Bush.


Yarn: Collinette Jitterbug in colourway "Mist".


These were a lovely, easy, quick knit; simple enough for TV knitting after a long day of unpacking, but interesting enough to keep my brain alive. Also, I had bloggy-friend visitors while I was working on these, so they were good for showing off a bit (ooh, did I say that out aloud?).


You can read all about them here and here on my blog.


Kiss My Frog


2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Love the MIL socks - I've got a skein of Jitterbug in oyster that would look gret in that pattern!

And the Bulldogs socks - hmmm, I don't think I could have done it at all. But you got a great colour with the blue!

Zaubermasche said...

You are a real expert!
These socks look so great!
I can´t get enough of them.

Toodles
Marilena